The journal articles selected for inclusion in this music therapy site are provided through the collaboration of Professor Dr. Peggy Codding and Librarian Zoe Rath after extensive review of relevant databases in music, music therapy, medicine and exceptional children/adolescents. Additionally Dr. Codding's students in MTH 351 class have contributed a wide range of articles as part of their mid-term project.
The journal articles selected are relevant to topics in:
Students enrolled in:
will also benefit from the clinical knowledge and research applications found in the articles provided here.
Click on the links below and you will first see the article's abstract, and details then scroll to end and click on "Full Text URL." Full text is available for majority of articles listed, links to either the html or PDF version of the document will be shown. E.g. or
Note One Pass Password required for access to databases/articles off campus
2. Multiculturalism & Music Therapy (1 article)
3. Parents and Families & Music Therapy (3 articles)
4. Infants and Music Therapy (3 articles)
8. Emotional or Behavior Disorders and Music Therapy (9 articles)
10. Blindness & Low Vision and Music Therapy (4 articles)
11. Deaf & Hard of Hearing and Music Therapy (4 articles)
12. Autism Spectrum Disorders (12 articles)
14. Gifted and Talented Children (3 articles)
15. Music Therapy in Group Settings (4 articles)
16. Clinical Case Studies in Music Therapy (3 article)
17. Meta-Analysis and Literature Reviews (3 article)
Please visit the Music Therapy Recommended Databases page and contact Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest other articles to add to the Exceptional Children/Research in Support of Clinical Music Therapy page.